Bus Accident LawyerServing Deschutes County and Litigating Throughout Oregon
Bend Bus Accident Attorneys
Fighting For Those Who Have Been Injured in Bus Accidents in Oregon
Thousands of people in Oregon take the bus as their primary means of transportation every day. Taking the bus can be more economical than owning a car, and sometimes the bus is more relaxing than dealing with rush hour traffic as a driver. However, bus accidents can be devastating for innocent victims.
If you’ve been injured because a bus driver or bus company was negligent, we understand how traumatic and painful a bus accident injury is for you and your family. At Miller & Hopp Attorneys at Law, our skilled accident attorneys represent bus accident victims, getting them fair and just compensation for their pain and suffering.
Please contact Miller & Hopp Attorneys at Law today to discuss your case with our Bend bus accident lawyers. Initial consultations are free and completely confidential, and there’s no fee unless we get money for you.
Bus Accident Laws in Oregon
The laws and statutes governing the bus and public transportation industry are myriad and complex. Bus accident lawsuits are complicated and involve numerous defendants, including bus companies, insurance companies, and sometimes government entities.
On top of that, bus accidents are often caused by an array of issues and are not so straightforward when it comes to determining negligence and who exactly is at fault for the wreck. Many bus accidents are the result of driver fatigue, careless driving, inferior maintenance, manufacturing issues, poor design, dangerous road surfaces, or spare parts malfunction.
Another factor that can complicate your bus accident lawsuit is the availability of seat belts. Public bus companies are not legally required to provide seat belts for passengers, even though the bus driver is required to wear a seat belt. If your bus accident injuries were a result of being thrown out of your seat while riding on the bus, we could potentially sue the government for compensation.
Determining the cause of a bus accident requires a lot of research. As you can see, anyone could be at fault for the wreck. It could be the driver, the bus company, or even a manufacturer. Different parties can be held liable for your injuries and for paying out compensation to you and your family. Our bus accident lawyers in Bend will handle your bus crash lawsuit. Our experienced legal team will know precisely what to look for to maximize your settlement offer.
Common Causes of Bus Accidents
Bus accidents can be very devastating, resulting in severe injuries, property damage, and emotional distress. Some common causes of bus accidents include:
- Driver Negligence: One of the leading reasons for bus accidents is driver negligence. Bus drivers are entrusted with the safety and security of their passengers, pedestrians, and other motorists. When the driver fails to obey traffic laws, drives recklessly, or operates the bus under the influence, it can lead to catastrophic accidents.
- Mechanical Failures: Bus companies are responsible for maintaining their vehicles optimally. Mechanical failures, such as brake malfunctions or engine issues, can significantly contribute to accidents. Identifying the responsible party, whether it's the bus company or a maintenance contractor, is crucial in seeking compensation for victims.
- Poor Road Conditions: Adverse weather conditions or poorly maintained roads can also contribute to bus accidents. Slippery roads, potholes, or lack of proper signage can pose serious risks. Determining liability in such cases may involve investigating the responsibility of the municipality or entity responsible for road maintenance.
- Inadequate Training: Insufficient training for bus drivers can lead to accidents. Whether it's improper handling of the vehicle, lack of knowledge about safety protocols, or failure to respond appropriately in emergencies, inadequate training can have severe consequences.
Common Injuries in Bus Accidents
Bus accidents can lead to a range of injuries, differing from minor to life-altering. Some common injuries may include:
- Whiplash and Soft Tissue Injuries: The sudden impact of a bus accident can cause whiplash and other soft tissue injuries. These injuries may not be immediately noticeable and can result in chronic pain and long-term complications.
- Broken Bones and Fractures: Passengers may suffer from broken bones and fractures because of the force of the collision. Recovering from these injuries often involves extensive medical treatment, rehabilitation, and time away from work.
- Head Injuries: Head injuries, which include concussions and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), are common in bus accidents. The severity of these injuries could range from mild to severe, affecting cognitive function and overall quality of life.
- Emotional Distress: The emotional toll of a bus accident should not be underestimated. Victims may experience anxiety, depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Seeking compensation for emotional distress is a critical aspect of our legal representation.
What is the Statute of Limitations for Bus Accident Claims in Oregon?
In Oregon, there are specific time limits within which a bus accident claim will need to be filed. In Oregon, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims, including bus accidents, is typically two years from the accident date. However, certain factors can impact this timeline. It is crucial to consult with experienced bus accident attorneys like those at Miller & Hopp Attorneys at Law, to ensure compliance with these deadlines.
Acting promptly is vital, as waiting too long to file a claim may result in the loss of the right to seek compensation. We are dedicated to helping victims navigate the complexities of the legal system and secure the compensation they deserve within the stipulated timeframe.
Contact Our Bus Accident Lawyers in Bend Today
It’s critical that you find the right bus accident attorney for your injury claim. Trying to negotiate with the insurance company yourself is an exercise in frustration, and it is not their goal to give you a fair and just amount of money for your pain and suffering. We are ready and willing to fight for you and do the research required to bring a fair resolution to your case.
Contact Miller & Hopp Attorneys at Law today to schedule your consultation with our Bend bus accident attorneys.
At Miller & Hopp, we represent clients in many types of negligence-based accidents that result in injuries and damages. Under Oregon law, you have legal rights in seeking compensation for what you have endured, from past and predicted future medical expenses to pain and suffering, emotional anguish, income loss, and more.
With 50 years of combined experience, the lawyers at Miller & Hopp Attorneys at Law have the skills and knowledge to confront legal issues in any area related to your case.
Miller & Hopp Attorneys at Law encompasses an extensive range of practice areas. We do not limit our practice or focus to one particular area of law. Our firm can use different strategies that will be most beneficial to the specifics of your case.
Get started with our dedicated attorneys and staff today. Schedule a consultation by filling out the form below.